Hunter 27-2 clear plastic engine control panel cover B type

Feb 13, 2023
Hunter 27-2 Milwaukee
Hello I saw a post about this engine control panel cover with a round opening for key access. Phil Herring responded and said that it was being manufactured and would be available soon. This was a 2016 post. I need one

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It looks like you are just dating these boats....
First the Cal, now the Hunter.
I have seen boats with the control panel having open access for the key. Not sure this is a premade panel or a modification by an owner with a hole saw. Certainly an easy modification for a shop teacher. A lot less cost than buying one from a boat manufacture.

I have a clear plastic hatch cover by Beckson. When closed water can not get to the electrical functions of the panel, yet I can read the gauges. When open I can access all switches, gauges and an ignition key.

1687100557571.png

May 2, 2022
Hunter 33.5 Bayfield, WI
I purchase one from online from a Yanmar dealer for around $40. but i'm rethinking it as I see what jssailem did. The problem with the clear lexan form Yanmar is you have to drill for the screw holes and unless you are really careful, they will crack, plus it still allows dirt/bugs to get into the panel area.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It works well.
Be aware, it is still a clear plastic. Like your boat deck you need to care for it.
I use:
  • Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M17 Clear Plastic Cleaner
  • Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze M10 Clear Plastic Polish
To clean and keep clear the surface each year.