Hunter 260 bilge, it's under rear berth?

Sep 5, 2023
Hunter 26 Galveston
After poking for hours am understanding the H260. But is bilge under rear berth, and I see 4 PVC pipe stubs going to rear? . . . .. . Second, should we yearly open up the water ballast valve, mine is tight to hull when I swim under?? . . .. . Third, my kitchen and bathroom floor still flexes, I guess it's not structural but it's weird. .... But am loving the H260!! - - ALEX

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Under the bottom flip up step, you will find a large wing nut that is used to close off or open the water ballast tank. If leaving the boat in the water, I suggest you pour two cups of Clorox into the tank to keep micro organisms from growing in the tank. As for the other hole, it is used for air to enter when draining the tank when the boat is on the trailer or air be allowed to exit when filling the tank with water.

Location of the bilge pump has been identified.

As for the four pvc pipes going to the rear, are you referring to a marine head and if not, pictures would help to identify the pipes

The wing nut threaded rod is a stainless steel rod that is welded to the circular stainless steel cover you saw below when you swam under the boat. If the rod does not fall when you turn the wing nut open, simply apply weight and it will come dislodged.

Did you ever look at the owners manual that I mentioned earlier to you?

Now for the floor flexing. Are you referring to the teak and holly sole in the cabin floor with possible water seeping out beneath it? The teak and holly is glued in the recessed portion of the floor pan.
If not, is the whole floor moving? The water tank lid is below the floor pan which during construction areas of marine putty is applied to keep the water tank lid from sloshing around. Without knowing the year and history of your boat, we do not know if the marine putty has broken loose or not. A better description is needed

I would be glad to talk with you if you have read the owner’s manual in its entirety.

Dave