Hunter 26 PHRF

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon

Does anyone have the PHRF rating for a Hunter 26. My racing peers at the sailclub are (correctly) questioning why I win all the races. Of course it can't be the fact that I'm miles ahead of them. I need to defend or correct my rating! Thanks, Simon

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
Around 220

I looked around the internet but couldn't find a rating for a 26. My old Hunter 25 is rated at 225 by my fleet. Ratings for the 26.5 that I found were less than 200. I don't know how fast the 26 is relative to the 25 or 26.5. My guess is that a fair rating would be around 215 to 220. What is your current rating? What are ratings of other boats?

T

Tom Wanderer

PHRF H25.5-26.5

according to the phrf ne web site (http://www.phrfne.org/baseh.htm) the hunter 25.5 has a base of 210 a 25.5 SD 216 a 26.5 204 there is no listing for a hunter 26 Hope this helps

R

Ron Mehringer

H26 Speed

I don't know what the phrf rating is for the H26, but I can tell you that this boat is surprisingly fast. Saw my friend Ed in his H26.5 on the lake this weekend and decided to chase him to windward. As we caught and passed him he jokingly yelled, "Captain Ron, turn off your outboard." A Mac25 tried to join the play race, but couldn't even get near either Hunter. Downwind, Ed poled out that big ol' genny and sailed wing-in-wing, as I tacked downwind (best choice w. the B&R rig). I did OK, but he had the advantage on this point of sail. Today, with a brisk breeze and full sails, I was broad reaching and watched as the knotmeter crossed the hullspeed number of 6.4 and went all the way to 7.1 knots! The H26 is a sleeper. I didn't buy her for speed, but as it looks right now I may have the fastest boat on the lake. Can't wait 'til my sailing ability catches up with the boats potential. If you find the phrf, let us know. (I THINK I may have once read that the number is 225) Ron Mehringer s/v Hydro-Therapy

S

Steve Horvath

Lake Erie PHRF

http://www.phrf-le.org/ This is the Lake Erie PRHF web site with a list of boats/ratings. Other web sites may give the information you looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.