hunter 146 cleats

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phlocker

do all 146 have dock line cleats on bow and stern? Picking mine up at the end of this week as it is being bottom painted. Need to know if i have to pick up some cleats before i drop it off at the dock. Thanks

B

Brian

Cleats

I don't now about the 146 but the 170 has two cleats each on the port and starboard side, for and aft. I imagine the 146 would have the same. I added a cleat on each side amidship. Very handy. Brian

P

phlocker

cleats

thanks, from the pics i see them on the stern, but nothing on the bow...

D

David

attaching hardware

Related to this question, how do you attach hardware to the hull material on the 170/146? I am thinking of installing a clamp to hold a small paddle up under the cover in the bow. Can you just screw into the deck material anywhere, then seal? What is the backing material?

Tereza

Jun 10, 2005
Hunter 146 Candlewood Lake, CT
146 cleats, attaching hardware ideas

The 146 has a cleat at the bow, 1 on both sides of the stern, and a U on the very front of the prow. On David's question...I too am wondering how to attach hardware to the hull - and for exactly the same reason. I have purchased small plastic clips so that I can keep the paddle secure but easy to get to. Have also purchased velcro circles with supposedly marine-grade adhesive, and am wondering which will be the better method. I also have a question about mooring covers, in a separatee post. Thanks!

Mar 8, 2005
Hunter 170 Ventura, California
Velcro

I was thinking of using velcro, easy to attach to the mast or boom. I have some that is adhesive on one side that is in a roll 2 inches wide and 4 feet long. if you mount a piece long enough to wrap around the paddle and had the velcrow mate with the piece that is mounted on the mast or boom, I used this velcro to secure a 27 inch TV to the top of a large hutch. I can't began to move it. just a thought !

P

phlocker

cleats

there is a bow cleat and 2 cleats port/starboard on the stern

P

phlocker

attaching accessories

anyword on this? would like to make some mods (more cleats, paddle clips etc) but need to know how we can attach these items...just screw in or what...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.