Humminbird Piranah 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Shreeves

I am looking to install a depth finder on board my Macgregor 26S. I am looking at installing the Piranah 4 by Humminbird, for $120 you can't go far wrong especially with the features it has. Has anyone done this and if so can you give me a quick overview on what is involved in installing one of these components. Are there sensors that must be attached to the hull bottom (where did you install them)? Where did you locate your FF/DF. Also does any one know if these things draw a lot of power, I have a dual battery set up that's running my CD player, GPS, and potentially the Piranah 4. Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.

J

john

ping

hi jamie.well im sorry i wont be giving you an answer however as i went out on lk erie for the first time today i too have been considering a depth finder in hull mount norcross ml100(wireless and portable) or uniden qt 206hp the transducer would be mounted in-hull (epoxied) however it cant,i believe,go above any part of the water ballast tank and would have to go into a location allowing it to point at least very close to straight down.im going to try a location possibly in the bow? more to follow.let me know (please)if you are successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.