Hull Oilcan on Improper Haul

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Geoff McLaughlin

I can't believe it - Friday the 13th - I missed the hauling of my boat - when I came to the yard 5 minutes after they were done, found my boat atop a cradle )(not made for my boat), and to my dismay, saw the keel had been inadequately blocked, and the port quarter brought down onto it's pad/strut, creating a buckle, classic oilcan around 2-2.5 inches deep, three feet elliptical, around the pad. The mensa members working the boat then started to jack her in another wrong spot, which I stopped. (not a travellift job, so relift and replace was not and easy option). After jacking and screwing around for some time, including trying to hammer off the offending pad to gain space (ouch!!) the boat finally rests now with shape restored. No obvious signs of glass breakage inside, some stress cracks evident outside around the pad - Question for open discussion - how tolerant is the glass of this kind of injury? ps have contacted Hunter and will be bringing surveyor aboard, just looking for feedback. My plan is to barrier coat below waterline complete to prevent intrusion, then galss in an airex girder to stiffen the offended area. Any stories, please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.