Hull Letter and Bottom Stripping Source

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Trying to source a 3" tall letter Microsoft Himalaya (I think that is the font) "R" in black and 6.5" wide bottom dark blue stripe. I am waiting on a response from sailboatOwners.com site store, sales@lettersunlimited.com, sales@diylettering.com and BoatGraphics@boatus.com on whether they can supply. In the event I cannot source these from them, would the forum know where I might source these?

Attachments

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside

Doesnt look like a perfect match. Could you download the font to your PC then make an image? Then submit the image online for vinyl printing?

Feb 21, 2013
What I have done is submitted the photo of the font to graphics supply companies for them to match

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Simple, suggest you go here:

Design it on their site, they'll do any font, even if not listed, any size, any color, reasonably priced, quick turnaround, AND if YOU screw up your application, they'll replace it no charge....

(Mine was a non-listed font, non-listed color, no problem, delivered in less than a week, AND I did screw one up! good folks there!)

Feb 21, 2013
Further internet research indicates 1060graphics@gmail.com may be able to provide the 3 inch tall black "R" font #1241 and "6.5 inch dark blue hull strip". I am in contact with them and waiting for other vendor responses before I purchase.

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
If you have a clear photo of the text with good resolution, What the Font? can help you identify it.
To my graphic designer's eye the "ski jump" curve at the bottom of the front leg of the "R", is not Times New Roman. Good luck figuring it out!

Feb 21, 2013
SailormanDan,

Thanks for the link. Elegia Bold Caps font comes pretty close. It is worth a try pending a response from this site store on what letters they can provide. Would have been nice if Hunter included the font and decal vendor in the manual but that would have taken the fun out of researching it and posting this thread.

1574033628094.png

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
Look also at Frtiz Quadrata, that's what it suggested for me based on a logo I found on google.

Feb 21, 2013
Sourced a custom 6.5" wide x 125 feet of navy blue stripping from boatgraphics@boatus.com for $97.50 less 10% for being a BoatUS member (for West marine discounts and boat tow insurance) with free shipping. They even provided an installation video.

Nov 19, 2019
Catalina 22 Gainesville, FL
I'd trace the R from the other side of the boat and cut my own out of sheet vinyl. Or take the tracing to someone who does commercial graphics and have them duplicate.

Jun 30, 2020
Hunter 356 Noank, CT
I teach Graphic Design on the college level and here is my take on a design for my 2002 Hunter 356. The font is Felix Titling already on my Windows 10 machine.

Attachments