Hull ID number

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matthew Telep

I just purchased a '79 Catalina 22 but I am having trouble locating the hull ID number. I was under the impression it is always on the exterior of the transom. Could it be under the engine mount on the port side? Any help would be appreciated!

G

Gary

Had the same problem

I had the same problem with our '88 Catalina 30. Our hull number is on the stbd side of the transom just below the hull-deck joint (rub rail). The problem is that it's so faint, it's all but impossible to see unless you shine a light onto it from the side. The number is extremely lightly etched into the hull. Don't know whether the same exists for you or not, but it's worth a look. I looked and looked for ours, in the correct place too, before finding it. Regards, Gary Kunkel

M

Mike - Celtic Clipper

C22 Hull ID #

On my C 22 the # is on an aluminum plate inside the cockpit, on the transom.

F

Frank Carcio

Hull ID matter

Had the same problem locating the hull ID number on my 1980 Catalina 25. I finally located it where I always thought it was on the starboard transom just below the rub rail, (same as the C-30). I re-discovered it only after the boat was taken out of the water. I could just see the number as I looked up at the transom of my boat as it sat on its trailer, an angle impossable to duplicate when the boat is in the water.

D

Don

HIN Number

The hull number should also be on the registration and title.

M

Mike Mullen

Hull number found!

I replied earlier, and now found the full ID #. It was covered by caulking the PO had placed below the exterior rubrail on the starboard side of the transon.

Status
Not open for further replies.