Hull ID Location Hunter 38 2007

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 38 Pentwater MI
Does anyone know where the whole identification number is molded into the hole of a hunter 38 2007 model? I’ve looked on the transom and I don’t see it there.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
From the factory it was almost certainly in the upper right corner of the transom. Only reason it wouldn’t still be there is if it were removed in some kind of damage repair. It should also be in one secondary place somewhere in the hull, but a Hunter owner from that era would need to say what Hunter’s common location is. Some common locations are things like engine bed stringers or the underside of lazarette walls.

• Helpful
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Because the Hunter 38 has a sugar scoop transom, it may be around the corner on the side of the hull on the starboard side.

If there has been a repair in the area it may be possible to see the number with a pencil rubbing. Place a piece of paper over the expected location and rub it with the side of the pencil, much like a gravestone rubbing.

The secondary location is often a closely guarded secret, it will be placed somewhere that is not easily accessible and may require cutting into the hull liner. The purpose of this hidden location is to identify stolen or severely damaged boats.

If the boat has a questionable history of ownership, a prior owner may have removed the number. Hope it is not this.

• Helpful
Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Starboard side at the stern just below rub rail.

Jun 17, 2022
Hunter 380 Comox BC
On my 380, the HIN is on the starboard side hull, below the rubrail just aft of the rear most side light.

Or are you referring to the factory hull tracking number? This doesn't match the HIN. Mine is in the galley, below the floorboard next to the oven.