How to replace Hoses in the bilge?

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 419 Milwaukee
Hi all
Just bought this 89 Cal 27 and I want to replace the dirty bilge hoses.
The hose attached to the pump takes the water out, sure, but where does it connect so I can locate it?
The clear one is coming from the manual pump. Same questio.
thx all!!

Attachments

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Do not use clear vinyl hoses as they are prone to cracking and sinking your boat. Use marine grade hoses.

The hose attached to the pump takes the water out, sure, but where does it connect so I can locate it?
The two hoses will lead to a thru-hull located just above the water line. I think (from your other posts) that you're in the water now so look around the boat and find a thru-hull just above the water line and which you don't know the source. That should be the bilge pump discharge.

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Do not use clear vinyl hoses as they are prone to cracking and sinking your boat. Use marine grade hoses.
The two hoses will lead to a thru-hull located just above the water line. I think (from your other posts) that you're in the water now so look around the boat and find a thru-hull just above the water line and which you don't know the source. That should be the bilge pump discharge.
marine grade only. Copy that.

im actually out of the water and Now I think I know where the above the water line thru hull is…
So the manual and electric bilge pumps connect to share the same they hull.
With this new knmowledge it will be easier tomorrow when I look behind the engine

thx!

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
So the manual and electric bilge pumps connect to share the same they hull.
Each bilge pump should have their own dedicated through hull/drain overboard. On my boat, all my bilge pump discharges are above the waterline.

xavpil

Sep 6, 2022
Each bilge pump should have their own dedicated through hull/drain overboard. On my boat, all my bilge pump discharges are above the waterline.
I’ll have a look at this today. Thx

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
On mine, the hose runs along the port side aft, then through the bulkhead separating the lazarette from the stern wet locker. The hose empties there, then water runs out a drain. In my avatar, it's that little hole above the exhaust. 1978 so, I can't vouch for yours.