How to remove old chart plotter on 311 pedestal

Nov 5, 2021
Beneteau 331 Pensacola
I need to remove the old Garmin chart plotter. Is it glued down? Underneath I see the points of four self tapping screws but I see no way to take off the cover off the chart plotter to access those screws. The cover appears to be screwed on from underneath the chart plotter, but there is no access to those screws. I am at a loss. Help.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
More than likely, if you don’t see screw heads on top, they are under the bezel. Take a flat blade, work it under the edge of the bezel carefully, and the bezel should pop off, and expose the screws.
I don’t know what the instrument pod looks like on a 331, but the pod on my 323 was a split design that had six sex bolts holding it together from the bottom. Removing those allows the whole top to be removed, and I could access all the instruments. In my case, the chartplotter and other instruments were through bolted, not screwed.

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Looks like page four of the link mdibella posted might be your answer... top and bottom screw covers snap off for access to fasteners..