How to remove headliner on Hunter 50 AC 007

Oct 28, 2021
Hunter 50 AC Naples
Hello.

Seeking help/advise on how to remove and reinstall the headliners on my Hunter 50 AC. The goal is to have access to the systems and cabling behind.

I saw several tutorials on how to remove and reinstall the Whisperwall fabric but no clue if this is the way on H50 or rather on the headlined are in panel with frame, attached with velcro-

Thanks for your attention.

GM

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Art Boas has posted a detailed how to that would apply to your boat. What system are you wanting to get to? What section of the boat?

Oct 28, 2021
Hunter 50 AC Naples
Where can I find the post of Art Boas?

I need to inspect the ceiling of aft starboard and fwd cabins

Thanks

Gianni

Nov 23, 2015
Hunter 33 Coconut Grove
I am in the process of replacing all of the vinyl headliner on my 2005 Hunter 33. There is a track system. You will gently push up on a corner until the fabric comes loose. Gently pull the fabric out of the track. The fabric along the walls has 2 sections, a part that looks like piping, but is actually a 2 inch strip that is secured to the wall behind the track and folds forward over and into the track. The large center piece will tuck into the same track. If you are replacing the fabric at the edge along a wall, the part that looks like piping, each section of track must be removed to have the edge fabric removed. The valance is a piece of wood that has a track piece at the top The fabric goes into that track, wraps under the valance free edge and we ended up gluing it to the back side of the valance as we couldn’t remove it. We found the best instructional videos on tucking into track systems by googling Fabricmate on YouTube. These don’t cover how to do the edging but you will see how it works when you free the fabric. I also ordered the fabric tucking tools from them. In our experience, the very best way to get the fabric back in is with Star Brite marine formula white PTEF lubricant, spread along the groove of the track. The fabric and insertion tools are sprayed with Food Grade Silicone Spray. The teflon grease lubricant and the silicone spray make a huge difference when you‘re dealing with vinyl; they don’t stain the fabric either. Having the proper thin strong tucking tool is key, we like the tucking tool from Fabricmate as well as the rocker tool. I have loads of pictures if you need.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I am in the process of replacing all of the vinyl headliner on my 2005 Hunter 33. There is a track system. You will gently push up on a corner until the fabric comes loose. Gently pull the fabric out of the track. The fabric along the walls has 2 sections, a part that looks like piping, but is actually a 2 inch strip that is secured to the wall behind the track and folds forward over and into the track. The large center piece will tuck into the same track. If you are replacing the fabric at the edge along a wall, the part that looks like piping, each section of track must be removed to have the edge fabric removed. The valance is a piece of wood that has a track piece at the top The fabric goes into that track, wraps under the valance free edge and we ended up gluing it to the back side of the valance as we couldn’t remove it. We found the best instructional videos on tucking into track systems by googling Fabricmate on YouTube. These don’t cover how to do the edging but you will see how it works when you free the fabric. I also ordered the fabric tucking tools from them. In our experience, the very best way to get the fabric back in is with Star Brite marine formula white PTEF lubricant, spread along the groove of the track. The fabric and insertion tools are sprayed with Food Grade Silicone Spray. The teflon grease lubricant and the silicone spray make a huge difference when you‘re dealing with vinyl; they don’t stain the fabric either. Having the proper thin strong tucking tool is key, we like the tucking tool from Fabricmate as well as the rocker tool. I have loads of pictures if you need.
Yes, this concurs exactly with my post.
Putting the Teflon grease in the track makes all the difference in the world. It also minimizes the chance of ripping the material.
Also, please consider my advice to use a plastic mallet to lightly tap the tool.
I found that the implant literally jumps the fabric into the track.
Good Luck

Mar 20, 2023
Hunter 49 Hollywood, FL
Hello, I would also like to see the thread from Art Boas. I will be replacing my headliner in my 2010 Hunter 49. Any help is appreciated, Thank you.