How to leak-proof a split sliding aluminum frame Catalina window

judith

Jul 2, 2022
Catalina 25 Portland
Hello,

I have leaky windows on my 1978 Catalina 25 so I got the kit from catalina direct to replace the seals, but one of my windows (by the head) is a split slider. The trim from the kit does not fit it and I am hesitant to take the window apart in case I damage the track that the glass slides in or anything else and have no replacement for. I am also not sure if I can use the glazing seal from the kit on the side that is fixed with the sliding track in the way.

Catalina_split_window.jpg

There is a rubber seal that goes on the outside of the window, it is stiff and misshapen now due to age, but it is a shape that I am having trouble finding a replacement -- Here is a picture and a close-up of the end. There is a square 5/16" insert that goes into the outer track and a 1/4 " flap that covers/protects the outside of the track and buts up against the glass.

Catalina_window_seal.jpgCatalina_window_seal_end.jpg

There is an additional seal on the inside of the window, but I can't get it out without disassembling the window so I am not sure if that is a problem yet.

So here are my questions: Has anyone had success with fixing these windows up so that they do not leak? What did you do? Were you able to use the regular glazing seal? What rubber seal did you use to replace the original outer track protector? Is there anything special to look out for?

Thank you,
Judith

Jul 3, 2022
Catalina 320 MDR
hello
could you please help me out
could you let me know what is the exact gasket kit and where you found it.
going through this on my Catalina 32.

thank you
Jason

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Check out local rubber specialty outlets that stock gaskets for vehicles and RVs, they may have something to match up.