How to install waste tank and remove old toilet system. To be environmentally friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seamon

Mar 2, 2010
Seidelman 25s Montréal
Hi people,
I have a s25 1979, I removed the whole floor, the plumbing of these boats (ouput) used to get rid off the waste directly in the water... so now that I have acces to rout my pipes, I would like to instal a waste tank. And connect my toilet.

Where can I get the informations to start the job?

Attachments

Sep 25, 2008
CS 30 Toronto
tank

Waste tank is for waste only. Never plumb sink to waste, e-coli will be pretty bad.

Seamon

Mar 2, 2010
Seidelman 25s Montréal
Re: tank

So sink (output) goes in the water? If so... 1 problem solve :)

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Yep, direct your sink water right out the hull, but through a seacock. Is that Seidelmann 25 that was sunk a while back?
I bought a new one of those in 1978.

Seamon

Mar 2, 2010
Seidelman 25s Montréal
Cool, that mean my sink is already well pluged through a seacock valve. And no... mine never sunk... as I know... I think It's "Bruce R" boat.

But for the connection of toilet to the waste tank, is there any informations that I can get?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
You'll find plenty of information if you browse the previous threads in this forum...and if you click on the link in my signature here, it'll take you to a comprehensive "marine toilets and holding tanks 101" installation, operation and maintenance guide.

Most of the parts and equipment you'll need are available from the online store on this site: sbo.com plumbing Prices are at least as good, usually a lot better, than anywhere else.

And then there's me, here to answer your questions ...:)

Seamon

Mar 2, 2010
Seidelman 25s Montréal
I've decided to buy an portable toilet with the tank under it. Because, with the room I have, my tank would of been higher than my toilet.

Thank you,
Simon

Seamon

Mar 2, 2010
Seidelman 25s Montréal
I bought a plug for the old thru hull fiting that was for the "out" of my old toilet. But when I screwed the plug to the fiting the whole assembly turn on it self (1/4 of a turn).

Do anybody can tell me if there's any danger. Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.