How the outhaul and reefing lines work

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Safe Passage

I just bought my 29' 1980 Lancer. I washed the main and could not remember correct way to reattach outhaul and possibly reefing line>

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Look in the Boat Info section

There might be a rigging diagram. I put all that info up there but I don't remember if there was something.

Good luck

S

sergethiffault

tuning guide lancer 29

i just got a lancer 29 and i need a tuning guide, or the pertinent info for rig tension,

thanks for your great info

serge thiffault

Jan 22, 2008
Lancer 29 Honolulu
Re: tuning guide lancer 29

If you have a gauge its simple enough 12 % of breaking of shrouds and abt 15% on the headstay. That is a pretty tight on shrouds and a bit more on the head stay.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
I have a rigging diagram for a Kenyon rigged boat with single line reefing if anyone needs one.

May 29, 2009
Lancer 27ps Suisun City
tight shrouds?

The posted owners manual states that shrouds shouldn't be "bar tight" whatever that means. Should you be careful because of the balsa core on the deck?

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
No

The posted owners manual states that shrouds shouldn't be "bar tight" whatever that means. Should you be careful because of the balsa core on the deck?
The chain plates pass through the core, which is why sealing the chain plates is critical to protecting the core. If the shrouds are bar tight you could rip your chain plates out of your bulk heads or snap your shrouds if they are loaded suddenly in a strong wind. Especially if they have never been replaced or inspected, which is true for a surprising number of small boats of this vintage.

S

sergethiffault

thanks for your info,

ableservices, i got the percentage thing but what is the breaking strenght of the shrouds??

packman, you mention "The posted owners manual states that shrouds...", where can i find the posted manual??

thanks again for your useful help

ps i have a loos tension guage

serge thiffault in the great white north

Status
Not open for further replies.