How often do you get to your boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ODO Editorial

This week's discussion doesn't mirror the quiz question, but is clearly related. The distance to your boat certainly influences how often you go there, and for what reasons. How often do you get on your boat, and what motivates your travel? Do you go just to sail, for sailing and maintenance, or just to hang out? Tell us about your road travels to your sea travels here.

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

Daily, barring sea stories with the Harbor Master

Last summer I managed to get out an average of four times a week, when the boat was in the water . (We had to pull it mid season to replace the centerboard). The only exceptions were when the Harbor Master was on the dock. His stories are too good to miss. It helps that my mooring is only four miles from my house, and that I had reliable on-site storage for my dink. Any of you in Maine looking for a good place to lauch or to keep a mooring, check out Falmouth's town landing. It can get bouncy in the prevailings, but its a good hole when the wind shifts to the northeast. I spent a lot of time sitting on my lunch hook reading, but I did manage to get away fromt the mooring most days. This summer could be even better. If things work out I may be living aboard for the season. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

J

John Aptos

About 50 miles

Our boat is about 50 miles from home. It is close enough that weekend curises are no problem. It is just far enough away, however, that I don't very often make it there during the week to do simple maintenance. Instead, it gets loaded into our weekend time. My dream is actually to live aboard - no drive at all!

O

ODO editorial

Final results

Final results for the Qukick Quiz ending 4/17/2000: How far from home is your boat? 31% Under 10 miles 26% 10-50 miles 21% Under 100' 10% Over 50 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.