How much could be the fair price of this Albin Vega?

Feb 14, 2021
Alberg 30 Montreal
Hi Sailors, I've recently found a Albin Vega in a location that looks really ideal for me, and a seller that seems to be really nice and patient. I'll need to go to check out the boat in person but before that we both want to be sure I want to buy it before flying over to check it out. I want to make an offer but I've never bought a boat before so I'm here asking for some basic ballpark price just so that I don't make an offer too low, also to make sure I'm not paying too much either.
Here's some basic info:
the boat needs a repaint,
no inboard engine but an outboard 10HP 2-stroke Johnson sailmaster,
sails are not new, there's repairs but usable,
dinghy broke, but has a 2.5hp motor,
With solar panels and electronics, set up for living aboard, as the previous owner did, and crossed the Atlantics.
There's also a link to the boat I can send in PM. The asking price is $9500USD, does that sound fair? Thanks for the help!!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
It has a "semi-full" keel that offers good tracking well while creating less friction and giving better light air performance, which is good feature. Assume you mean $9500 USD. Do an internet search on "Albin Vega sailboat price" and you will see many for sale around that price. Paint and sails are maintenance items to the Buyer. I assume the broken dinghy is sold with the sailboat "as is" so its a maintenance item. Original engine was an inboard 10 / 13 hp diesel Albin Vega (Albin Marine) - Sailboat specifications - Boat-Specs.com / Albin Vega 27 — Sailboat Guide but a 10hp outboard might be acceptable depending on much motoring you plan on that size sailboat.

Specs: SailboatData.com - VEGA 27 (ALBIN) Sailboat and Albin Vega 27 — Sailboat Guide
Review: The Albin Vega 27 Sailboat : Bluewaterboats.org

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021
Alberg 30 Montreal
It has a "semi-full" keel that offers good tracking well while creating less friction and giving better light air performance, which is good feature. Assume you mean $9500 USD. Do an internet search on "Albin Vega sailboat price" and you will see many for sale around that price. Paint and sails are maintenance items to the Buyer. I assume the broken dinghy is sold with the sailboat "as is" so its a maintenance item. Original engine was an inboard 10 / 13 hp diesel Albin Vega (Albin Marine) - Sailboat specifications - Boat-Specs.com / Albin Vega 27 — Sailboat Guide but a 10hp outboard might be acceptable depending on much motoring you plan on that size sailboat.

Specs: SailboatData.com - VEGA 27 (ALBIN) Sailboat and Albin Vega 27 — Sailboat Guide
Review: The Albin Vega 27 Sailboat : Bluewaterboats.org
The broken dinghy is thrown away already apparently, but the motor I assume is there