How many O'Days have you owned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ODO Editorial

How many O'Day sailboats have you owned? Do you feel loyal to the brand, or would you switch to another boat if you could? Do you hope to someday find a larger O'Day, or are you happy with what you have? Post your opinions here, then vote in this week's Quick Quiz, now in progress. (Ballot box is found near the bottom of the ODO home page.)

J

Jack Flannery

New Owner

I am a new owner of an O'Day 1984 222. This Spring will be the first time that I take her out. While not my first boat, it is my first O'Day. I will keep it for at least two years then decide if I want to change brands or move up in size. One reason to keep buying O'Days is the users groups that impart vast knowledge and experience. Even now I have picked up some valuable information that will save me lots of time and money this Spring during fitting out.

G

Gary Weese

Jack - how do you stand it?

I've always wondered how you guys in the cold climates stand the winter... but waiting to sail a new boat for the first time? Unthinkable! :)

B

Bly Berken

This may not qualify....

but the very first time I was on a sailboat it was an O'Day 19. The boat was my father's and I was 3 years old. It was his pride and joy. He and mom packed the kids into the station wagon and drive from Washington state to California to pick it up. We had many years sailing that boat.....dad, mom and 5 kids. Absolutely unthinkable for me now! They built great boats back then and come to think of it, parents with more fortitude!

T

Tom Ehmke

Five years of pleasure

You don't list the 272 without the LE designation. We own a 1986 O'day 272 bought in bristol condition in the spring of 1995. I'm very much interested in sharing the sailing characteristics of this boat with other owners. We just went on-line this week and I've been reading about all the stuff a person can learn through websites. I got your website from some information given to me by "Good Old Boat" magazine to which I am a subscriber.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Tom, we'll add the 272

It would seem there are more than few model designations that we didn't find mentioned in either the guide books or the web. We'll get that 272 added!

Status
Not open for further replies.