How many 30`s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cecil

Anybody know how many 30`s?, also when was the factory change from tiller steering to wheel?What was standard equipment? Any source for old factory/sales literature? My 30 "HUN30021M75B",what hull number? Seems like more 27 & 33 owners "show up" on the forums than 30 owners, more of those made? Thanks, enjoy reading/learning from all the forums, never too old to learn an easier/more efficient way of doing things.ie "messing about in boats" Later Cecil

P

Pat McCartin

the 30's

Practicle sailor did a great article on our boat's, they estimated 1000 boats were produced. Officialy from Hunter there are "no available production figures". I have #868 If I remember right, it's a late 79 with an 80 deck. Pat McCartin 79 H30 "therapy"

C

Cecil

Question for Pat

Thanks for the reply Pat, what issue was the article in?

S

Sam

How do you know you are number 868?

I have a 79 H30 "Marc IV" and would be interested to know her number. did you pull that off the HIN? Thanks, Sam

E

Ed Schenck

At least 1149.

There is a 1982 in the Owner's Directory with '1149' as part of the serial number. And they must have started with 001 because I think I saw a 078. Also from what I see there they did not hold to the H30 prefix. By contrast I think all H37C serial numbers had 'H37' as the prefix.

P

Pat McCartin

decoding HIN's and PS

The article I read was in Parcticle Sailor's boat buying book. Hin's have a formula nearly as follows First 3 leters are the Manufacter Last 3 are the date of production In the middle are the model and series # To the bets of my feeble memory. Pat McCartin 1979 H30 "Therapy" Lake Lanier, GA

B

Bill Boyke

1975 Hull #33

Mine is the centerboard variety. It has spent its entire life in the Great Lakes. Still refreshing it. but few times I sailed it was wonderfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.