How is your season coming along?

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Am ahead of schedule...though admittedly i am lucky if i splash in June. Bottom painted and engine flushed last weekend. Painted the bottom on the dinghy yesterday. Just needs a bath and some sails!

Sep 12, 2010
S2 8.0c Ninnescah Sailing Association
Stern tube fixed. Bottom painted. Rudder back on. Hull polished and waxed. Should be launching on Monday if I get my backstay replacement sorted out. Only 1 month behind schedule.

Dougo

Nov 22, 2010
Hunter 23 Great Sacandaga Lake, NY
Tow the boat to Adirondacks this Friday. Launch on Saturday or Sunday! Right on schedule.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Today's the day! I have to load up the tender in the pickup for the trip to Boston. Threw the little 4hp Suzuki on the stand and she fired right up so i wont have to row. A quick trip out to my mooring to put this years sticker on and to attach the pickup stick and then i can move Triple Play out to her mooring for the season.

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
She is in and out on her mooring now. Note to self...you keep the boat in the ocean so why do you always forget to check the tides when you need to move the boat to or from the marina! It is quite shallow where they tie the boats up after they crane them in.

Attachments

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Well...it leaves us time for our other hobbies...shoveling snow and complaining about the weather.

StanFM

Jun 26, 2012
S2 7.3 Lake Pleasant, AZ
She is in and out on her mooring now. Note to self...you keep the boat in the ocean so why do you always forget to check the tides when you need to move the boat to or from the marina! It is quite shallow where they tie the boats up after they crane them in.
Beautiful pic!

Sep 12, 2010
S2 8.0c Ninnescah Sailing Association
I got my boat in last Monday! It was windy that day! Wasn't sure if the launch would happen or if we would get the mast up. Had to fix a leaky thru-hull at the last minute as well. But we got in!

I have been working all week to get ready for the weekend! I had to climb up the mast to inspect a bent spreader. That was a scary experience. I had the ladder tied up and also had a harness so I wasn't going to fall... dangle for a while yes, but fall no... Ha!

Hope to go sailing tomorrow!

jguyer

Sep 16, 2010
S2 8.5 Milwaukee
I put a fresh coat of vc 17 on . The boat was launched the 21 th . I adjusted the rigging and put sails on the 22 nd . Then motored the boat 100 miles from south Chicago to Milwaukee the 23 th and 24 th . I would have liked to sail part of the way , but there was NO wind. Anyway , I am very happy with the 2 gm yanmar , and autohelm tiller pilot. I am
Looking forward to sailing the boat .

Apr 5, 2014
S2 7.3 Meter Gladstone
All things considered...

Our S2 7.3 Meter is still on the hard...our ice just went out on Little Bay De Noc about 3 weeks ago. We have been making the trip back and forth to Milwaukee to work on her and have gotten a fresh coat of VC17 on her bottom, trying to figure out the electrical system found some screws(?) missing from the boom and found replacements for them. I went up the mast as I m the smallest of the two of us and an electrician I am not..to check the bulbs in the spreader light and the anchor light brought them down and they were good so back up I went...it must be the wiring somewhere. Got the Main on and the cover on. Sealed everything I could find on deck ...the second storage in the v berth was collecting water...so I sealed it also hope to find it dry on this trip coming up next week. Still looking for a good used long shaft and then to mount the outboard bracket. Got the radio working ...big plus! Still have to attach the boom vang. Found a trailer but have to do some fabrication for haul out in the fall. Hoping to splash on the 12th and then hope that the seal at the sail drive unit does not leak. It has been on the hard along time and was owned by Jay(mailstop??) he had posted some problems with the engine...only wish he would have taken the time to at least put the spark pugs back in after doing whatever he had done to the engine..because it is now seems to be rusted and frozen!!! That will be a project for next fall and thru winter. Main plan is to sail here home (157 nautical miles)and enjoy the season without to many problems and then to start the new fix it list for next year. Please keep your finger crossed for us and hope that she floats...!!

Jul 22, 2006
S2 9.2A Battleship Cove
Our S2 9.2A is probably not going in the water this year. We took on quite a restoration project in our late 19th century Victorian home. When we're not working on the house we're not crazy about the idea of going down to do yet more work on a boat. I was really hoping to get the boat bottom soda blasted and re-barrier coated and bottom painted, but there's just not enough time or ambition left this spring.
Regrettably, rather than just let it languish, we've put a for sale ad on CL for the boat. Anyone looking in the Southeastern MA/RI area let us know...

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Sorry to hear you are selling but life certainly is an adventure. I only sailed once last year, due to the fact that the start up I was working for had no staff and was sold in Oct. last year was the first time I thought about selling the boat.

In addition, Our 1964 Dodge Dart convertibles radiator went the fall before and she hasn't left the garage since. I have the replacement half in (don't ask), but have been driving my 73 Charger instead. I just gave up on my Wife's 1990 Jag. I hate to work in the damned thing as it is so convoluted. It takes three attempts, minimum, to fix anything so I just don't enjoy it. It's at the shop getting $5000 worth if work done so it will finally be safe and even air conditioned!

Forget about the house! I finally patched some holes in the cellar floor after the FIVE FOOT LONG SNAKE which had taken up residence under the beer fridge in the cellar was evicted. After seeing it I thought my Wife would never do laundry again!