How do you rig w/ roller furler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Gayler

I recently bought from a broker a used 26x. Unfortunately, the broker could provide no info on rigging etc, and the manual from MacGregor offers limited assistance. I have raised the mast, boom, and roller furler, and all the stays. Rigging the main sail is no problem. Unfortunately the rigging of the 150 Genoa with the Roller Furler is not clearly explained. Anyone willing to give me a step by step explaination? bathman43@prodigy.net Thanks Bob Gayler

K

Kevin

furler

Assuming you have the CDI furler--probable--try the website for the manual. www.sailcdi.com The manual is fairly well done and should help. If you still have questions let me know and I will try to answer them. K

D

dan

CDI Website

What mfg ? Here is CDI Website with manual. www.sailcdi.com All mfg have websites. Very simply put..... when your gib is OUT the furling line is wound(20)times around the spool. When the jib is IN the furling line is wound (5) times around spool. The wind pulls it out to whatever amount of sail you want. Then you must pull it in to wind the jib around the furler to reef. The line is always fastened to a cleat while sailing. Practice a bit on shore or at the dock before sailing to make sure it works smoothly without any binding. good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.