House batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike D.

Has anybody addded a third set of house batteries and if so where did you locate them. Is it possible to charge a third set from the Freedom 25 set-up ?

P

Patrick Magers

460 batteries

I changed over to 6 volts batteries. I have a total of 8 divided into two banks and of course are coupled in series. There are 6 batteries located under the cabin sole in the saloon where the original two 4D batteries were located. The last two batteries are located under the cabin sole in the forward cabin where the shower sump is located. This arrangement yeilds a total of 880 amps and each 6 volt battery is cheap and weighs only 60 lbs

M

Maxwell Blanchard

Adding another house battery

Hi Mike: The 2 house bateries on my boat are located beneath the center seat in the salon immediately above the keel well. It is a very good location for such heavy equip. I haven't thought of where else I would try to locate one that would be close to the charger (now located beneath the nav sta seat). I would probably find a suitable & safe space in my port side work room. The Heart charger inverter would work OK to charge the additional battery so long as an isolator(s) was used so that the charger would be able to charge each battery separately, not all 3 at the same time. I think the charger wouldn't have enough capacity to charge all 3 batteries in parallel. Best Wishes, Maxwell Blanchard; desertsage@mindspring.com

Status
Not open for further replies.