Hot water heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2011
bristol 30 niceville, fl
I just got a Bristol 29.9 1979 I would like to no how the hot water heater works. How to turn it on and is it electric or does to work off my engine. How do I tell if there is water in it. Thanks

Sep 6, 2011
Hi pirate congrats on a great boat. Do you have a picture of it? Does it have a tank? Is it near the engine? The Bristol gang generally hangs out on Yahoo groups but a few are here too. Bristolboatowners is the easiest to get to. bristolYachts has a moderator that isn't always active and can be tough to join.

I'm guessing it's the motor but there are loads of aftermarket choices. SC

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Generally they run with an electric heater and water from the closed loop of "freshwater" coolant from the engine. Open up the engine compartment and the area where your heater lives. See if there are hose connections from neat the thermostat and the freshwater coolant engine pump, and follow the hoses to the heater. If you have a freshwater cooled engine, with a heat exchanger, that is. Look at the heater. Does it have electric wires going to it? Do you have a hot water heater breaker on your electrical panel? There should be a drain at bottom. Open it to see if there's water inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.