hood furler heahaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tony giaccio

5 yrs. ago replaced hood furler drum.delran bearings apparently were faulty,they replaced w/ stanless steel bearings.never changed the line,angle of feed is correct,i flush it religiously. problem---seizing up when unfurling as well as furling.when i reverse direction it clears the problem w/hard pull.tends to happen twice per use. WHAT should i look for? what should do?

P

Paul Akers

Below deck?

Is this one of those furlers that Hunter mounted below deck in the anchor locker? I have a 1988 L37 like that and had it upgraded to the single line furler. Is your's now a single line of double? If you have the anchor locker configuration, the critical thing with this is that the line has much friction as it passes through the deck. Answer these questions and I may be able to provide more info here.

R

red coles

Mdl #

Hello Tony: What is the model #? I have a continous line hood furler and had same problem. Upper cover was binding. Adjusted upwards slightly, problem solved. Good luck red

B

Bill O'Donovan

Seize the furling line

Sometime seizing up is nothing more serious than the line getting tangled within itself by overlapping. When you feel a seize, tugg it back out and try again. It just happens, it's not a defect.

Status
Not open for further replies.