Homestrand Mod 209 stove

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lstanton

I need help locating a piston for the pressure stove. When I was actually ready to use the stove for the first time, i found that it will not hold pressure. The seal is very worn on the piston. Is there a source for these?? I have had no luck. Is it better and safer to go to a new mod. stove? Also looking for the owners manaul for the boat. Several people have sent me pieces of info, but i would love to get the real thing..i would of course send it on to others in need as well. Thanks for any help. larry s, IRISH ROSE

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Dump it.

Larry: Look at an Origo stove. They are non-pressurized (no flareups). We have had ours since 1986 and all we do is clean the stove and add alcohol. No maintenace and it boils water in about 8 mins. Cannot say enough good about these units. Ours has an oven, we have even cooked (heated) a ham in the oven and cooked stove top scalloped potatoes on the stove for Easter dinner. If there is ANYTHING to complain about it is the filling for the canisters, but that is basically it. I put the alcohol in a bottle with a nozzle (catsup squeeze bottle) to refill and that makes it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.