Holding Tank Level Indicator

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
I am interested in the WEMA product, the #s are

SHST Holding Tank Level Sensor (4 - 38 in.)
and
Part Number UDGR-WS-240-33
SS bezel with white background

I am wondering if anyone has used these and were happy/unhappy with them.

Also, does anyone know the depth of our tanks? I have a 2001 310, I stuck my head into the rear port lazarette and it looks like the tank is surrounded by a cover, I couldn't get a good look at it without crawling inside. Figured if someone has already done this, maybe I could pick their brain.

thanks

Silvio

Dec 1, 2010
Catalina 310 Solomons Island, MD
Dave, I don't know the tank height offhand, but on my 2003 I can clearly see the holding tank if I open the access hatch found at the foot of the aft bunk. If you are near your boat you might have better luck looking through the hatch from below.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Silvio, thanks for the advice.
Paul, do you remember the length of the sensor that you installed? I was wondering if the tank has a flat bottom or is it tapered? And also, how has the Fireboy worked for you?

I haven't purchased the WEMA yet and will consider other options. I want to keep the cost down, but I also want a product that is trouble free.

Cheers

Sep 29, 2009
2005 catalina 310 gig harbor, Wa
The best solution for tank monitors

I installed these external monitors for my water tank and holding tanks and they work great. No issues so far and very good support if you need it anytime you need it. These are the same sensors sold for more money and marketed under different names online. I highly recommend them.

http://www.ferriellosales.com/Monitoring_Systems.html

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
Re: The best solution for tank monitors

The tank on hull #218 (2003) is 17" deep in the forward inboard corner where the macerator is connected at the bottom and 17" wide on the top, sort of L-shaped, and the outboard side follows the contour of the hull. I'm using the seelevel II monitor, with a 12" long sensor which is attached with adhesive to the outside of the tank on the forward side (relativity accessible) . Due to the odd shape of the tank the bottom portion below the 12" sensor doesn't hold much (and my real concern is when it get close to full). I "calibrated" it by filling 1 gallon at a time and recording the gauge readings on a chart.

http://www.rvgauge.com/products/model_709.shtml

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa

DaveJ

Paul, do you remember the length of the sensor that you installed? No.

I was wondering if the tank has a flat bottom or is it tapered? Tapered.

And also, how has the Fireboy worked for you? Yes.

paulj
:troll: