High ZZZzzz's

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CO Editorial

80% of responding Catalina owners sleep soundly on their boats, according to last week's Quick Quiz. Is preparedness a part of your sound sleep? Do you use anchor alarms, lights, radar, or maybe the Slap Silencer to saw your logs... or are you too sleepy to care? Share your tired thoughts here.

T

Todd Osborne

Connected to the bottom

I only sleep well when I know for shure I am well connected to the bottom. Aside from being on the dock, I will put down two anchors. Both from the bow, in opposing directions. That way if the wind changes direction I move only a couple feet, & if an anchor does pull loose, I have two trying to reset themselves instead of one!

E

Ernie A

Psychology of sleep afloat--

Interesting-- When I had a Bruce on nylon to the bottom and it began to blow a bit, I awoke every hour or so to check the position and frequently stayed awake. With a Delta on all-chain and a dual nylon bridle, I sleep soundly unless the wind starts to really howl. The anchor alarm hasn't gone off since I changed to the Delta. A sense of security seems to bring piece of mind and a good night's sleep. Ernie April WindCatcher C-42 (618)

G

gerryn926@aol.com

Not a wink without a drink

I have found that a glass of wine or beer helps me nodd off, it keeps my mind from wandering about every little noise. I am up at least 5 times a nite anyway. My main concern is dragging anchor, I have just purchased a GPS and look forward to the anchor alarm, I am curious as to what setting I should use.

D

dave kendig

never a waking momoent

I live aboard in santa cruz and to tell you the truth I have a hard time sleeping on land now, I guess its the gentle rolling that lets me sleep so soundly, that and the fact that I bought neww 4" closed cell foam cushions!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.