Here's some Boat Babes for you...

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Ummm... are those twin centerboards?

At least they would be out of the cockpit.

hey Brian, could you post a color version of that photo?

Pops

Apr 11, 2004
- - Albemarle Sound
I was just on a site talking about this type of boat. Can anyone else tell me who made this boat and where?

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Well, all I can say is the gal by the mast has confidence in her looks and physical attributes, and the boat is a gaff rig. Who made the boat I don't know.

Dec 7, 2003
- - Houston
Brian D.

Please permit me to correct something, the boat in the B&W pic is a Cat boat rig and you can't tell from the picture if it has a Gaff on the main or not.

Kind Regards,
JonBill

Oct 14, 2005
1983 Hunter H34 North East, MD
Ahhh....

what's the second stick attached to the mast that falls off to the starboard side on top of the sails in front of the second babe from the left (not to mention the two lines, one apparently attached said stick between babe #1 & 2) for then?

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
what's the second stick attached to the mast that falls off to the starboard side on top of the sails in front of the second babe from the left (not to mention the two lines, one apparently attached said stick between babe #1 & 2) for then?
The other issue is that we can't be certain that this is a cat boat. We can't see how far forward the mast is relative to the bow. It would be obvious to assume that the mast would have a forestay (Since the side stays are aft of the mast's centerline). The only thing that we don't see that would cinch this idea is a jib halyard...led aft.

Here's something similar to what it "Could be". It's not though.

http://www.artnet.com/Artists/LotDetailPage.aspx?lot_id=FA5BE26277C4693E

Oct 14, 2005
Or jib block tracks...

or jib sheets lead aft. Catch the double lee-boards?--could be a Great Lakes area Scow (ala Melges)...

Bilbo

Aug 29, 2005
Catalina 22 Ohio
or jib sheets lead aft. Catch the double lee-boards?--could be a Great Lakes area Scow (ala Melges)...
Possibly, but I suspect that this is a 1940s/50s era boat from the outfits and hair styles.

Dec 7, 2003
- - Houston
Re: Ahhh....

Dan,

Now that you mentioned it I can see the spar made fast alongside the main boom so it has a gaff headed main, I just didn't see it at first. My eyes are failing me in my old age. I was right about it being a Cat boat though. That was easier for me to see (lol). Kind of like seeing the profile of a woman, which I can still make out on a good day. I just can't see the ear rings anymore.

Kind Regards,
JonBill

Oct 14, 2005
Personally JonBill...

I like to identify shapes of things by the Braille method--my old eyes may be failing too, but I haven't lost my sense of touch...