Help identify Furler Drum...

Jun 9, 2020
Catalina C22 local private dock
I had a catastrophic mast lowering experience this past week which resulted in a broken jib furler drum on my 1982 Catalina 22.
I've scoured the internet over the last several days to try and find replacement/repair parts and have had zero success.
I haven't even been able to narrow it down to a specific manufacturer as of yet. No pics out there look like what I have.
The furler drum is black plastic, two piece screw together with a single ball bearing in the base (mine corroded and seized).
The furler foil is multi-piece aluminum.
I did find a small symbol etched on the internal turnbuckle that looks like a sailboat (attempted to get a pic of it).
I'm posting pics if anyone has any idea where to start with attempting to find parts or even who the manufacturer may be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
The little sailboat denotes a Winchard turnbuckle if I remember correctly though I think they have changed their logo a bit since then. As to the fuller it’s hard to say. There were many makers of fuller systems but most have fallen away making parts almost impossible to find. In your shoes I would either change to a hank on (particularly if you trailer a lot) with a down haul line or replace the fuller with a CDI one. They seem to be the go to fuller for the C22 but I’ll let others comment on that. Take it from a guy that rebuilt an old fuller for my C22 when I first got it. If you trailer a lot there not worth the hassle and the rebuild won’t last as long as the original.

Hopefully everyone was ok with your mast lowering and if you need tips check out Stingy Sailors technique. I use the boom vang and it works well for lowering or raising.