Help Identify an Open Cockpit Trimaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Patrick O'Brien

My dilemma is as follows...I am new to the unpowered world of sailboating. I bought an open cockpit trailerable 18-19 foot trimaran dirt cheap. The only problem is I don't have a clue who manufactured it. It came with one main sail that had an insignia as follows. Imagine a child's drawing of a bird with one main triangular sail coming out the top facing aft. The pontoons fold up and over with clever circular folding aluminum braces held in the unfolded position thru pins. The braces are positioned two to each outrigger, one aft and one forward. There is one waterproof hatch aft and a covered area forward on the main hull. The centerboard drops out about two feet aft of the main-mast between two covered coolers. It probably needs a jib, though one wasn't included. Thank you and fair winds and following seas.

E

Ed Schenck

A Pyramid?

Like the one in the Link below? Surely there is a small manufacturers plate somewhere on the boat. Is there not an embossed serial number on the transom? Sometimes they are hard to see.

P

Patrick O'Brien

Close...but no trimaran <Sorry>

Thank You very much for the response but the mystery continues...The photo was close to what I have but the outriggers actually fold up and on top on my boat. The folding mechanics is not as complicated as in the photo either. The main hull is not as wide as this boat and there is no railing on the bow. There are some faint markings on the transom, but they are difficult to decipher. I looked everywhere also for a manf plate, no luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.