Height measurement for bimini in I-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2012
Islander 30 Bahama Keyport
I'm looking to install a bimini on my I-30 Bahama that I just purchased. It's still on the hard and the mast is down. I need to measure the height from the stern coaming top to the bottom of the boom so that I can calculate the height of the frame I'll need. Unfortunately, the boat is 200 miles from where I live so I can't pop up to do the measurement myself for awhile. Any takers? Thanks

Dec 7, 2007
Islander- Mark 11- Ellenton Florida
I have a Islander 32 mk11 that I can measure for you. I have a dodger and bimini also. The dodger is low in front of companion way and it rises toward the stern of the boat for more head room.
I can send you pictures of the set-up if you can give me your e-mail address. The pictures of Southern Lady is way I brought her a year ago. If this is similar of what you are looking for. I will be glad to down to boat to get measurement.

Dec 22, 2012
Sure!

I would venture a guess that those dimensions are probably pretty similar between the two models. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks

I have a Islander 32 mk11 that I can measure for you. I have a
dodger and bimini also. The dodger is low in front of companion way and it rises toward the stern of the boat for more head room.
I can send you pictures of the set-up if you can give me your e-mail address. The pictures of Southern Lady is way I brought her a year ago. If this is similar of what you are looking for. I will be glad to down to boat to get measurement.

Dec 7, 2007
nestorph, give me your e-mail address and I will send you picture today. I going down to boat tomorrow.

Dec 7, 2007
i just e-mail pictures of dodger and bimini, if look o.k. i will measure from boom down to coachroof for dodger, boom down to bottom of cockpit for the bimini and at back of stern.

Dec 7, 2007
i am trying to find wiring diagram of my boat, do you know where or who might have copy of wiring diagram of this years of Islander. Most of the wiring is still same when it was build.

Dec 22, 2012
I saw the pics. Those measurements should be fine. I see that your bimini is attached to the rails rather than coaming. I assume the "back of stern" measurement should be the same.
Thanks

i just e-mail pictures of dodger and bimini, if look o.k. i will measure from boom down to coachroof for dodger, boom down to bottom of cockpit for the bimini and at back of stern.

Dec 7, 2007
I will go down Friday and sent measurement to you when I get home, I was glad to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.