Heck oh a weekend

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Had the Women's Around the Island race on Saturday. Cindy had never driven before but, I talked her through all the maneuvers. I trimmed main and Mario trimmed the head sail and spinnaker. We nailed the start in first and never lost the lead. My first win racing my boat!!!
FB_IMG_1565550287914.jpg

This is us on the spin run.

Rachel and I had plans that evening to do some night sailing and spend the night on the boat. Well the rain and t-storms put a stop to that. This morning I suggested we go for a walk at her favorite park. She has a large connection to the park. Plan B worked out to be the best plan after all. She agreed to my offer of a promotion to Admiral!.
FB_IMG_1565550230154.jpg

Hell of a weekend indeed.

Last edited:

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Congratulations on your engagement and your bride to be’s win! A weekend you’ll both remember.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Wow. That was a weekend.
You learned with your lady driving the boat you as crew you win races. Then when you walk in her park you get emotional and ask for her hand. Then you mention a promotion to Admiral she agrees. Then you produce a pretty bauble and she says yes taking it and placing it on her “We’re getting married finger”!
WOW

And that’s what happens when you suggest she drive. I think your in for a wild ride CB.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Thanks all. But just to be clear, Cindy is crew that drove, Rachel is the upcoming Admiral. No worries, as long as I don't confuse the two all will be good! LOL

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Confucius says: For your own well-being do not go through life with confusion.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Confucius says: For your own well-being do not go through life with confusion.
He's not going to go through his life with confusion, he's going to go through life with Rachel. It seems important to clarify that. After all, he obviously wants Rachel, not confusion.

Congratulations cb!

I expect, as with your race, leave the driving to the admirals (Rachel, in this case) and just trim the sails for her and offer the occasional encouragement and you will both win together.

May your cruise together be long and happy.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Good times! Sorry I was away for all of that! But I knew about the ring part, and if I had been in town I might have messed messed up the other part! :)

Jodi can’t wait to see the ring!!

Last edited: