Head Question

Kevy

Nov 27, 2018
Hunter 320 Nanaimo
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone with a 320 has replaced the head with a Jabsco household size? Ours has a compact and while it looks like the household size will fit, sometimes the measurements don't capture the reality of trying to fit something in. And yes, I'm still considering a Raritan replacement as well, but since I've been hemorrhaging money I might need to just go Jabsco this time around as I will also be replacing intake and sani lines (Trident 101/102).

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
I'd just buy it from local west marine and try it. Just sit it in boat don't actually use it so you can return if it doesn't fit

Kevy

Nov 27, 2018
Hunter 320 Nanaimo
Probably the easiest. And I'd agree that they would be less likely to accept the return of a used one ;)

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Just wondering if anyone with a 320 has replaced the head with a Jabsco household size? Ours has a compact and while it looks like the household size will fit,
The bowl is the only difference between the "standard" and household size, so that's all you need to replace. You do need to check measurements, especially front-back, though...because marine toilet bowls all have the drain hole in the center of the bowl, the larger bowl needs a couple of inches more space behind it too. So make sure your toilet bowl isn't already sitting too close to the bulkhead behind it to provide that extra space needed. If not, hopefully you have room in front of the base to move the whole toilet forward enough. Jabsco (and Raritan too) uses the same toilet base for either size bowl, so a household bowl WILL fit side to side.
You'll find the dimensions for both bowls here Jabsco 29090 Twist 'n' Lock Manual Toilet

Fwiw, the mounting bolt pattern on the Raritan PH SuperFlush is an exact match for the Jabsco manual toilet.
--Peggie

Kevy

Nov 27, 2018
Hunter 320 Nanaimo
Thanks much! I'll be sure to check. I only became aware of the Raritan the other day from one of your other posts so I'm certainly interested. I'll have to see what they go for up here and see.

Cheers.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Kevy, depending on how far you are from the US border, you might want to consider getting a US address. Easy and inexpensive at shops like Mailboxes Etc...there a several chains and a whole bunch of independents. You'd still declare anything you buy from US sources, but you'll save a fortune in international shipping charges and "customs brokerage fees" (which also drive up prices in Canada), plus you'll get stuff in days instead of weeks. We had a number of Canadian customers who did that. If you're even as much as two hours drive from the nearest US town, it could be worth doing.
--Peggie

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Kevy, depending on how far you are from the US border, you might want to consider getting a US address.
I hate to be a traitor to Canadian commerce, but I cut off Canadian purchases at about $100.00 and head south of the border above that.

I learned decades ago that local Vancouver chandlers are grossly overpriced and so turned to the cheaper competition south of the border. The drop off we use is Blaine Enterprises:

They are right on the border in Blaine Wa. and would be your closest choice.

Kevy

Nov 27, 2018
Hunter 320 Nanaimo
Yep, no argument here. Used to do that all the time but now on the Island the trip is substantially trickier :(

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
But depending on the price of the item, can be worth the effort...and having the address doesn't mean you have to use it for everything you buy. The rent for one is very inexpensive...you could even cut that cost by sharing it with a friend.
Just sayin'....

--Peggie

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
The rent for one is very inexpensive...you could even cut that cost by sharing it with a friend.
It's even simpler than that. Just a flat $3.00 fee for every parcel they receive and hold for you. No box rental required.

One of the big savings for us is avoiding the Canadian 5% GST (goods and service tax) and 7% PST (provincial sales tax) on items purchased from the US of A. Mind you, that 12% tax helps with our medical system. Even with the difference in value between the CAN. and US. $$$, there are still big savings on purchasing boat parts in the US. As far as purchasing drug prescriptions, other way around. According to US Senator Bernie Sanders, about 90% cheaper.

Last edited: