head door closures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Macgregor 22 Marina Del Rey, CA CA
I have a 25' Lancer, 1975 model. It has two swing doors enclosing the porta-potty. There are no latches to hold the doors closed when using the porta-potty. I have tried velcro but it does not do the job. Any ideas on how to close and keep closed the doors when using the head? AND keeping the doors closed when sailing?
Novelman

kpcola

Nov 16, 2008
2 25 Pensacola, FL
I have a 25' Lancer, 1975 model. It has two swing doors enclosing the porta-potty. There are no latches to hold the doors closed when using the porta-potty. I have tried velcro but it does not do the job. Any ideas on how to close and keep closed the doors when using the head? AND keeping the doors closed when sailing?
Novelman
On my 25 ; Lancer the previous owner , installed a small brass latch, on the top of the inside of the head doors. You can latch it if your in the head and I latch them if things get rough or while trailering by sliding my hand throught the space a top of the door. It works. While under way, there is some velcroe about half way down the outside of the doors that holds the doors open most the time. Hope thats helpful.

Jan 22, 2008
Macgregor 22 Marina Del Rey, CA CA
Thanks for the info. I have installed a brass latch in the inside and a barrel bolt on the outside. Seems to work fine.
Novelman

Status
Not open for further replies.