Havencraft folks dont seem to know much

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad

I just got off the phone with Havencraft. I wanted to know if they made cusions for a 1983 Mac 25, they didn't. Also I want a galley, they dont have one. To cap it off they didnt have any sugestions on where to look for one. The lady said she "didn't know the older boats well". Whats the point in calling them then? Anyway, do any of you know where to look or know who makes these things? I was hoping to get the galley as a complete unit if possible. They picture one in the brochure (4 dollars, what a joke)but they said it didnt fit the 25, only the 26. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brad

D

Doug Rodrigues

Here is a photo of the

If you actually had the original Mac 25 "galley," you'd do what I did with mine.....offered to give it away free, got no takers, then took it to the trash dump.

Attachments

B

Bill

Give them a Break!

I visited my new chevy dealership yesterday to gate a rear, left, tire pressure cap for my 1965 Chevy Corvair. Can you believe they did not have one in stock! To top it off the person behind the counter who was not born when the car was in production did not know what store sells them in the area!

B

Brad

they should know

If one of my customers called and wanted to know about my products I am EXPECTED to know everything about it and at leat have a list handy of who sells it. Brad

J

Jerry

Art and Havencraft

I've found Art, and Mrs. Art, to be most kind and helpful. Sorry you had a bum day. Try any other Macgregor suppliers like SuperSport in Nebraska, or Blue Water in (I think) Washington.

M

Mike

HavenCraft

Havencraft is a parts store just like Kragen Auto Supply or Chief Auto Parts. They can get you your keel winch or fittings, fiberglass repair kits, lines, or even rigging. Try asking an autoparts store for OEM rear seats for an 85 Chevy Cavalier and see how they laugh you out of the store. Cushions, try an upholstry shop (Take carboard patterns). A galley can be custom built by a cabinet shop to fit your exact needs, you may want a three or four burner stove or a different size sink. It is a good chance to customize your boat to your taste. Don't be hard on Havencraft, they are good at what they do. So are the the upholstery shops, cabinet makers, riggers and shipwrights. Thats why they are still around. Happy sailing, Mike

C

Chip Giles

Try this company

For cushions, try Sail Covers and More. Their address is http://www.sailcovers.net/ They make all sorts of stuff, including cushions and are very nice to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.