Have You Switched To LED Cabin Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
I am now four (4) lights away from being 100% LED in my cabin, and a world of difference for sure. I hope I am not out of line, as I have seen different suppliers noted here. There is a new replacement light now available in limited quantities form Cruising Solutions, and it is worth considering because of the way it functions. It is a direct replacement back pin design, and you change nothing in your socket or wiring but you get true Red/White lighting. When you turn on your fixture the light comes on red, if you switch it off and back on again (within 3 seconds) it turns on White, a very nice comfortable (warm) white as bright as the original HOT light you just took out. Turn off, wait 3 seconds or more and the cycle repeats. It's great for entering a dark boat at night, as you don't loose your night vision, and in the white mode they light up the place better than the original. They fit perfect, (I have been the test case as part of the development). So if you want a great way to lower your power usage you might want to consider the change.

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
I am now four (4) lights away from being 100% LED in my cabin, and a world of difference for sure. I hope I am not out of line, as I have seen different suppliers noted here. There is a new replacement light now available in limited quantities form Cruising Solutions, and it is worth considering because of the way it functions. It is a direct replacement back pin design, and you change nothing in your socket or wiring but you get true Red/White lighting. When you turn on your fixture the light comes on red, if you switch it off and back on again (within 3 seconds) it turns on White, a very nice comfortable (warm) white as bright as the original HOT light you just took out. Turn off, wait 3 seconds or more and the cycle repeats. It's great for entering a dark boat at night, as you don't loose your night vision, and in the white mode they light up the place better than the original. They fit perfect, (I have been the test case as part of the development). So if you want a great way to lower your power usage you might want to consider the change.
Link to product?

Status
Not open for further replies.