Hatch Lens Replacement

May 22, 2017
Catalina 310 Lake Carlyle
My 310 is a year 2000. This has probably been discussed before on this forum but I need to replace both of my my hatch lens and the gaskets. Has any one replaced theirs? I don't want to send the hatch to Hatch Masters if I don't have to. Does any one know if our hatches are Lewmar? The first thing I need to know if I want to do it myself is if the lens is a low profile MK2 hatch. The second thing, is the replacement difficult to do if the hatch is a Lewmar MK2 Low Profile hatch and I buy a Hatch Masters replacement kit? Also, anyone know if there is a U-Tube video on a Hatch Masters lens replacement?
Sorry for lengthy post.
Frank Hines
310 # 17
No Tippy
Lake Caryle, Ill.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
We offer Lewmar lens/seal replacement, what year is the boat?
dave
877-932-7245 x116
Mon-Fri, 9-3:30 Pacific

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Could be MK1 or MK2, did you look at Calif Ted's post above to determine this?

May 22, 2017
Catalina 310 Lake Carlyle
Thanks Dave and Ted. I watched the Hatch Masters videos and now have to go to boat to verify my hatches are MK2. Looks like if they are MK2 then replacement is pretty easy.

Dave My 310 is a 2000 #17. Is your kit acrylic and same parts as if I order from Hatch Masters?

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Dave, there may be a bit of confusion here. This is a Catalina 310, I don’t think there are MK1and MK2 versions. But I agree they are Lexmark hatches.
cheers

May 10, 2012
Catalina 310 Bayport
My 310 is a year 2000. This has probably been discussed before on this forum but I need to replace both of my my hatch lens and the gaskets. Has any one replaced theirs? I don't want to send the hatch to Hatch Masters if I don't have to. Does any one know if our hatches are Lewmar? The first thing I need to know if I want to do it myself is if the lens is a low profile MK2 hatch. The second thing, is the replacement difficult to do if the hatch is a Lewmar MK2 Low Profile hatch and I buy a Hatch Masters replacement kit? Also, anyone know if there is a U-Tube video on a Hatch Masters lens replacement?
Sorry for lengthy post.
Frank Hines
310 # 17
No Tippy
Lake Caryle, Ill.
Frank, I have a 2000 C310 #26 ...replaced the forward lens hatch last summer.....was much easier than anticipated.....replaced with 1/2" acrylic & Dow 790 adhesive.