HAPS Annual Dinner

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Seems like each event sets another HAPS record. We had 38 persons at our Annual Dinner Saturday, November 22. The venue was once again in the lovely home of Brian and Mary Scott. The dinner of salmon, ribs, vegetables and delectable deserts were courtesy of Brian and Mary, Larry and Sue Tughan, Bob and Kris Ridenour, and Bill and Jeannine Bramstedt. Again a very special and sincere thanks for a truly outstanding dinner.

Our Membership chair, the excellent Bill Bramstedt was reelected. Likewise, the always attentive to detail, Mary Scott was reelected as treasurer. She also doubles as the Hidden Harbor Yacht Club Rear Commodore. Ruth and I were reelected as your Fleet co-captains. I also double as the Bremerton Yacht Club Vice Commodore and unless I get fired will become the Commodore May 15, 2015.

Dee of Dee and Judy Johnson, made a truly beautiful cherry wood goblet set stored in a custom made Cedar box and presented to Bob and Kris Ridenour. This was again another thanks for their effforts planning and guiding our summer's epic voyage north.

The silent auction was a big hit and generated more funds for next year's rendezvous.

Specialty yachts of Vancouver BC related that they plan to bring four new Marlow Hunters to the Seattle Boat Show Jan 23-Feb 1. The boats now are the new 31 (just now on the MH website), 33, 37, and 50. Those boats will all be in the water.

There was much discussion about next year's schedule and this is how it stands right now. And as we have in the past we strongly encourage two boats host rendezvous to share the duties. Each rendezvous events are entirely up to the hosts. A close reading of the proposed schedule reveals that Bill and Val could use a buddy boat, the South Sound Cruise has an itinerary formulated by Steve Stark. I will ask Steve to publish it. Looks like fun. Bremerton Wine Festival, Langley and Poulsbo have no hosts as yet.

Jan 23 or 24. No Host at Bell Harbor combined with the first weekend of the boat show. Show attendees maybe meet for a local lunch or dinner as we did last year.

April 24-26 Brownsville. Bill and Val Sheehy.

May 22-25 Cruise to Longbranch. No host. Fee to attend the dance is about $15

June Date to be announced. Signature Yachts all fleet rendezvous

June 25-28 Specialty Yachts Hunter Rendezvous, Telegraph Harbor, BC. Check the website and register ASAP.

July 25-Aug 2 South Sound Cruise. Meet at Gig Harbor July 25 and depart July 26.

August 7-9 Bremerton Wine Festival.

August 21-23 Langley.

September 11-13 Poulsbo

November 21 Annual Dinner

I can't wait for next year.

HAPS. Nice people with nice boats having a nice time together.

Cheers,

Mike and Ruth Murray

Fleet Co-Captains 2014-2015.