Happy Birthday, US Marine Corps!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Happy Birthday.

Thank you all for serving.

Thank you for your commitment to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic!”

Our country is a better place as a result.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I remember watching the Marines running and marching after we Navy folks were dismissed and polishing our boots when I was in Navy Boot Camp in San Diego.. We had it a little easier..
A fine gang of folks !!

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
On June 3, 1918, a division of Marines was sent to support the French army at the Battle of Belleau Wood. [Capt] Lloyd Williams was serving as a company commander of 51st Company, 2d Battalion, 5th Marines. As the Marines arrived, they found French troops retreating. When advised to withdraw by a French colonel at the defensive line just north of the village of Lucy-le-Bocage, Williams bluntly replied: "Retreat, Hell! We just got here!" [3]

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
When the British burned Washington during the War of 1812, they also captured the Marine barracks. It is traditionally held within the Marine Corps that, out of respect for the brave showing of the Marines at the Battle of Bladensburg, the British refrained from burning the barracks and the Commandant's house.[6]

To my understanding, this is the first and only encounter between Royal Marines and Colonial (US) Marines.