Handrails

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaatz

Mar 22, 2006
-Beneteau -400 San Diego
I bought my 1988 Catalina 30' back in December the handrails were missing and the holes had been filled in. I went to replace them and have received a set from CatalinaDirect that are 6 loop and 62.5" overall lenght. The originals were 73.5" in lenght. They insist that these are correct, can anyone give me an alternate source?

B

Bob

Interesting!

Hey K. That is interesting; removing the handrails and opting for filling in the holes! I have to wonder what the previous owner was getting at unless they hated to re-do teak....or the rails were damaged. You'd think Catalina direct would have the correct size as it so unds like they came up short. Owning the same '88 model, I would probably contact the factories in Largo, Florida or in California to see if they are available. If not they might direct you to their source who originally manufactured those for the 30. Try getting on the International 30 Owners website (link thru "resources") and check the vendors list and request info. on the handrails there. Bob '88

kaatz

Mar 22, 2006
-Beneteau -400 San Diego
CatalinaDirect are being very uncooperative in this matter, especially by saying "we shipped you what you asked for" and I have to pay to have it returned for a refund. Who knows what the previous owner had in mind. The batten strip is also missing, no great shakes there, I can get that here locally. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.