Hammock install on a H26?

Jun 2, 2023
Hunter 26 Shasta
Has anyone mounted a hammock on their H26? I want to install it between the mast and the furler. I'm thinking I would use the a combination of the free jib halyard and a tacker (picture) around the furler.
Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 6.06.24 AM.png

I have always flown one on my Catalina 27 and 25, but those had back stays..... the H26 doesn't use that same configuration so i thought i would reach out to see if anyone had an previous experience or thoughts on the matter.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Unless you already own one, I would not spend all the money on the "tacker" just to hold up the hammock. You can fashion a very adequate utensil for the job using a collection of "parrel" beads threaded together like a bracelet with wire or thin line to wrap around the furled headsail. You can find parrel beads at sailrite.com and many other regular chandleries. These things run a couple of buck apiece. Seven or eight should be enough. Add a little 1/4" line and you've saved yourself over $150.... thank you.

Jun 2, 2023
Hunter 26 Shasta
Unless you already own one, I would not spend all the money on the "tacker" just to hold up the hammock. You can fashion a very adequate utensil for the job using a collection of "parrel" beads threaded together like a bracelet with wire or thin line to wrap around the furled headsail. You can find parrel beads at sailrite.com and many other regular chandleries. These things run a couple of buck apiece. Seven or eight should be enough. Add a little 1/4" line and you've saved yourself over $150.... thank you.
Ah very interesting! I will give it a shot! seems like an affordable solution! Tackers are very expensive. Thanks for the idea

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
The weight of the hammock will be shared between the halyard and stay mostly the halyard. If you're concerned about damage to the foil, then put a towel or blanket between the strap and the furled sail. But I would certainly keep an eye on things if you thing the forestay is overly distorted.