H49/H50 Anchor Snubber/Bridle Setup

Nate

Mar 26, 2014
Hunter 50AC Midland
Good day, what are other Hunter 49/50 owners doing for their anchor snubber/bridle setup? With the bow cleats being fairly far back I’ve found that the snubber line runs on the fiberglass of the bow more than I’d like as the boat swings at anchor. I’m thinking of running the lines forward to the stainless by the anchor roller and then having them go through a chock there and down to the anchor chain but wanted to see what others may be doing for their snubbers/bridles and how you keep the lines off the bow when swinging. Thanks.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
I do not have all chain, but I do not see anything wrong with your methode. The snubber provides coushining so that the anchor does not pull out of the ground.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
My boating buddy used a hot dipped galvanized chain hook like this for years: McMaster-Carr He had a piece of three strand nylon rope secured to the hook and tied off to a cleat to create a bit of chain slack to allow some give. No need to have the rope long enough to secure to both sides of the boat.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have a bridle for anchoring. Two lengths of nylon three braided line attach to an anchor chain hook. I attach the hook to the chain. Let the chain out till slack and draw the two lengths of rode back to the cleats (port and starboard) on the bow. The bridle takes the strain of the anchor. It helps to mitigate the boat’s movements but not stop them. Reduces the anchor strain on the windlass.

Your plan to use your chocks is sound.

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
I use a bridle and I pass it through the chocks up front as you are suggesting

Jan 4, 2019
Hunter 50 Halifax & Martinique
I also tried attaching the snubber though the bow chalks but couldn’t prevent the snubber from chafing on the bow. I tried running the snubber through the secondary anchor roller but it would chafe on the main one so I run my snubber through the main anchor roller along with the chain. The chain on the roller is loose when snubber takes up the slack so doesn’t interfere with the snubber. We spend 5 months at anchor during the winter and this has worked fine.

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
Nate I am currently out of the country but as soon as I return and get up to the boat I will send pictures