h450 Davits anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian

I'm in the market for new tender. The size and weight of the tender will be limited by the strength of the davit system. I currently have a 10'zodiac with a 5hp outboard but after 2 years of sailing and diving something a bit larger and more powerful would be nice. Has anyone out there installed davits over the swim platform or a single arm type davit system? And what size tender did you select?

R

Ron Feldman

Great Davits

Check out www.oceanmarinesystem.com. I brought davits from them several years ago. Been real happy with them. I carry a 10' RIB with a 15 hp on then when in the slip. Underway, in the SF Bay, I pull the engine and mount that on the rail. The davits handle the load without any problem. They attach to the rails so you need to be sure they are structurally sound. This is on a 92 Hunter 37.5 legend that has the walk through transom and swim platform.

B

Bradley Cavedo

Kato Marine in Annapolis

They have a version for the 45 and the P42, which we have. The 45 is a few slips over. We are both very happy. Call Kato andthey will email you pictures.

J

Jon Petersen

Kato for Me

I looked at both Kato and Ocean Marine for my H33.5 and I went with Kato because of 1. They have a great product.. 2. The people are great to work with.. 3. They can make special mounts that made the installation very easy.. Ocean Marine also has a good product but I didn't want the davits to be supported by the stern pupit. Kato made it all possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.