H37- Trim for sky-lites in cabin top?

• Thread starter Lander Nicolait
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lander Nicolait

The boat I am considering needs trim on the undersides of the "skylights" in the cabin top. They currently are latex gooey painted white on the edge of plywood. Anybody attempted this? Ready made products? Thanks!

M

Mickey Goodman

Trim for the Sky Lights

If I understand you correctly they are the two plastic pieces under the sky lights and the one under the small hatch behind the center post. If this is correct, these are the ones I replaced on my boat. Mine were made of rigid plastic and had a light defusion from the sky light and hatch. I replaced them with like material I purchased from a company that does glass repairs. They do help provide light into to cabin. I would recommend that you take down the wood covers you now have and take them with you to the glass "guy" and have him cut the new material to shape. When you install be carefull when you screw them into place, to much pressure will crake the plastic, I know from experience. If you are talking about the wood covers that the overhead lights are attached to or through, then I replaced those also with fiberglass sheeting I purchased from Home Depot which I cut to size. A 4' X 8' sheet cost about $25.00 and is easy to work with if you have a jig saw or a strong hand with a shears. If the color sheet they sell is not just right you can spray paint them to your color, probably white, I used high gloss white and it matched perfectly. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.