h31 water fill hose size

Jul 23, 2018
hunter 31 aquia
My water fill hose is leaking at the cuff hose connection at the tank end. I measured the tank inlet and it is 1 inch OD. The water fill deck fitting is 1.5 in OD. Did hey make up a cuffed hose with 1 inch on one side and 1.5 on the other. I'm assuming Ill have to put a reducer in there somewhere.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
[QUOTE="dasreboot, post: 1563341, member: 142276] I'm assuming Ill have to put a reducer in there somewhere.
[/QUOTE]
That's what I'd do.

Ken

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Simplest and least expensive solution MAY be to install a new 1.5" inlet fitting on the tank. Thanks to a li'l gadget called the Uniseal UNISEAL it's actually pretty easy to do if you're handy with a hole saw and have access to the tank (on top is the best location, but a side or end AT the top works too). A short piece of sch 80 PVC that has a 1.5" OD (outer diameter) to fit in a 1.5" hose becomes the new hose fitting. A threaded plug (available from the plumbing section of just about any hardware store) wrapped in plenty of teflon tape will seal the existing fitting.

--Peggie

Jul 23, 2018
hunter 31 aquia
well thanks for the help. it turned out that i measured incorrectly and it was 1 1/2 all the way through. replaced with braided water line from home depot.