H27 Renault RC8D Owners Manual - English Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Wallace

Posted (hopefully) with this article is a PDF file of the owners manual for the Renault RC8D 8 hp, 1 cylinder deisel engine. I've seen numerous queries for copies of this manual, and have finally been able to get a copy made. I have this engine on my 1981 H-27. Does anyone out there have any experience with maintenance of this engine? Specifically, I'm looking for a replacement air filter housing, which, from the size/shape, looks like might be substituted with a lawn mower air filter. Also, how about valve adjustments? I had to take the front of the block off my engine to repair a crack, and am having a heck of a time adjusting the valves. I recently purchased the Nigel Calder book "Diesel Engine Repair and Maintenance" and highly recommend this book as a general resource for diesel engine work. However, the book doesn't exactly cover the material I'm looking for. Finally, how about spare parts? anyone out there done much repair on these engines and know where I can get random parts? On another note, the H-27 is a beautiful boat, and I am in the process of making a louver door for the main hatch, and louvers for the windows to enable continuous air flow through the boat when unattended. I'd be happy to share data on that project with anyone who is interested. The H-27 is a GREAT little boat (my first "big" boat), and I'm really looking forward to getting the hull wet (once I get the engine back on line...) Other projects include sunbrella covers for the teak ladder and rails, if anyone's interested in that. If the pdf file doesn't post to this message, please let me know your email address and I'll be happy to send it to you. happy sailing! Pete Wallace bpwallace@comcast.net

Status
Not open for further replies.