H-36 a rare bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Bodemann

While discussing 30 vs 33, Carl suggested considering a 36. Of course if I could afford a 36 I probably go a little further and get the queen of the Cherubini fleet, the 37 cutter. But back to the 36, I've only seen one, and the gentleman that owned it was kind enough to envite onto his boat to view the cabin area. The salon seemed quite spacious but there is no quarter berth, and the V berth...well V berths just don't appeal to me. Tried sleeping in the V berth of our 27 and spent many restless nights until I built my BIG BED mod. Don Bodemann

B

Bill Young

Big Bed

Don: Tell Me, is the bed that I gave you information on several years ago? I first put a queen size bed on a 27" about 1985. If so I'm glad that it worked out for you. Bill

T

Tom M.

I don't know about the queen, but the 36 is quee

The 36 Cheribini design, was designed for a couple "TWO", she's very simular to the 37, though she's not a cutter rig and she doesen't have the full coaming cockpit, as the last of the 37's have, but she's got a larger, Nav Sta., galley, and sleeping quarters.

T

Toby Miller

Redesigned 36

I have redesigned my 36 and put in a quarter berth where the starboard, cockpit locker was. I realize to get a "big" bed in a boat where the stateroom will not detract from the living aream, I have to go to at least a 40 footer. After all, I spend my waking hours sitting in the cabin and my sleeping hours in bed. I want my cabin comfortable, which the 36 is, before anything else. I didn't purchase my home because of the bedroom, but because of the living space.

Status
Not open for further replies.