Grey water outflow from head sync best practice

Aug 12, 2013
Catalina 320 Vancouver
On our new to us 2008 Benteau 40 it the outflow from the head sink has been routed to the shower sump, which triggers the automatic float and pumps out from there. There is a seacock directly under the sink that is currently blocked and unused. My guess would be that perhaps it was reconfigured to avoid water coming up the sink during a starboard tack??? I am thinking about changing it back and just remembering to close that seacock when we plan to really lean 'er over.

On my last boat (catalina 320) it only inflow in a very set of rare circumstances. Any Bene 40 (or similar) owners out there experienced really bad inflow to the head through the related seacock?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Just sombody's idea of a more "environmentally responsible" way to deal with gray water. You can re-route the sink drain line to go directly out its own thru-hull with a clear conscience. It would be easier to keep a plug in the sink when underway than have to deal with opening and closing the thru-hull.

--Peggie

Aug 12, 2013
Catalina 320 Vancouver
Just sombody's idea of a more "environmentally responsible" way to deal with gray water. You can re-route the sink drain line to go directly out its own thru-hull with a clear conscience. It would be easier to keep a plug in the sink when underway than have to deal with opening and closing the thru-hull.

--Peggie
Peggie, thanks for your note.

And I should add I feel like I have officially 'arrived' having now been responded to by forum royalty. :)

I will re-route with a clean conscience.

Cheers.