Greetings from Afghanistan

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Hello my favorite sailors. Hope the sailing season is doing you well. Thought I'd say hello and send some photos you way. Had a moment and found a connection.

This photo is of a door gunner on a CH-47 helicopter.
IMG_1705a.JPG

This photo is of the aft crewman sitting on the ramp enjoying the view. Yes, we were flying at the time.
IMG_1704a.JPG

Fair winds
Brian D

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Hey Brian, good to hear from you. Hoep you're keeping your head down :D

2nd pic.... extreme bungy jumping ??

Jul 12, 2006
- - nc
Brian, I thank you for your service. Stay safe and tell the crowd I for one sure appreciate all you are doing. Can you do any "virtual sailing" over there? Best wishes, Mike in NC

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Cool pictures Brian, hope that guy is tethered. Weather here is warming, hurry back.

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
Thanks for the pictures Brian, Just looking at them gives me a thrill.
Be safe.

Keep it up,
Ctskip

Jun 30, 2004
Hunter 340 St Andrews Bay
Hey Brian, Afghanistan is pretty arid right? And the Taliban are hiding in holes all through the mountains? And the people need employement? Show them how to build a big hydro dam in the valleys. They will stay busy working, the flood will fill up the hidey holes, and you will have mountain lakes to sail on! Soon they will have electricity, be buying TVs and PCs from Pakistan and leave US alone.

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
Brian, Are you preforming for the troops?

I echo the thank you very much!

DJW

Oct 6, 2004
Cascade- Cascade 42 Pearl Harbor, HI
Hey Brian

I was there when those were Soviet MI-24's flying around not CH-47's. I have great memories of Afghanistan, but you are right it's one big rock farm. Stay Safe

Dennis