GRC III

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dennis Kiefer

Thanks very much for the info regarding the flights out of Norfolk..... and the use of fax Rick..I'll make notes and research further. Norfolk NAS is on the way and I suspect they have a pretty nice marina on one of the bases that I can use for about 10 days. After I re-read my 1st post Tom, I could not agree with you more. It was pretty unfocused and made some grand assumptions. I write a lot and at times forget who I'm writing for. Thanks for the advice and lesson in communication. As I said, my experience shows that sailors don't come any nicer that on the Glakes. You're on! John, the above comment regarding assumption applies to your reponse. When I first looked at charts etc... and heard about this trip, I had no idea there was a name for it. This vast Internet helped me though and I found many references to the GRC (besides the basics of navigation and cartography) in application to this eastern journey. Softchart even produced a CD ROM version with all the charts of the locations of which I've spoken. It sells for $795.00 and guess what they call it? I also found a hand drawn and painted map of this GRC from a guy in TN who made the trip in 1996. I bought it for $20.00, had it framed, and it now hangs prominently, handsomely, and inspirationally in my office. Mr. Landau in Pittsburgh.... you are a master decoder and I appreciate the wisdom, advice, and encouragement. My boat search continues. Best regards to you all, Kief

Status
Not open for further replies.